1. Which TV shows did you start watching in 2012? Elementary, The Big Bang Theory, and reruns of Lois and Clark.
2. Which TV shows did you let go of in 2012? Body of Proof. They fired half of the cast. That's just inexcusable. Also House and The Finder went off the air.
3. Which TV shows did you mean to get into but didn't in 2012? Nothing. In fact, I actually started watching Big Bang Theory in reruns on TBS.
4. Which TV shows do you intend on checking out in 2013? Nothing at this point, though all of my friends keep pressuring me to watch Sherlock. *cries* Don't make me!
5. Which TV show impressed you least in 2012? Why? Doctor Who. Moffat and his nonsensical plots and lack of emotional connections between characters. STILL. And what the hell was up with that lame-ass send-off for Amy and Rory? Why didn't the Doctor just travel to New Jersey in the TARDIS and then DRIVE to New York? Also, Once Upon a Time hasn't been exactly earth-shattering. :/ But I love Jennifer Morrison too much to let it go.
6. Which TV show do you think you might let go of in 2013 unless things significantly improve? As I said last year, I won't necessarily let go of the following three, but I think they'll be cancelled: Elementary, Bones and Alphas because of the stupid-ass ratings system the television producers have created.
7. Which TV show impressed you the most in 2012? Why? It continues to be Vampire Diaries. arabian will approve. ;)
The twisty plots and strong characters continue to amaze me. AND DELENA HAPPENED!!
8. Which TV shows do you think you'll never let go of no matter how crappy they get? Why? Bones, Castle, Once Upon A Time and Elementary. Because I love the characters and the actors so much, I can overlook the occasional mediocrity. I don't think Vampire Diaries could get crappy, which is why I didn't even list it. :P
* * * * * * * * * * * *
1. Your main fandom(s) of the year: Vampire Diaries, Doctor Who, Once Upon a Time, House
2. Your favourite film this year: The Hobbit. So good and made me nostalgic for LOTR.
3. Your favourite book this year: The Isabel Dalhousie and 44 Scotland Street series by Alexander McCall Smith. (I haven't been able to read much because of school).
4. Your favourite TV show this year: 1. Vampire Diaries. 2. Castle. 3. Once Upon a Time 4. Bones 5. Doctor Who
6. Your favourite LJ community this year: Once Upon a Time, House/Cameron, Sheldon/Penny, Vampire Diaries, Damon/Elena
7. Your best new fandom discovery of the year: BBT and Sheldon/Penny. >.>
8. Your biggest fandom disappointment of the year: Finder got cancelled and Body of Proof's producers got stupid.
9. Your TV/Movie boyfriends of the year:
1. Ian Somerholder/Damon Salvatore 2. David Tennant in any role 3.
Arthur Darvill/ Rory Williams 4. Chris Evans/Captain America 5. Colin O'Donoghue/ Capt. Hook 6. Robert Carlyle/Mr. Gold
10. Your TV/Movie girlfriends of the year: 1. Jennifer Morrison/Emma Swan, 2. Nina Dobrev/Elena Glibert
11. Your biggest squee moment of the year: nbsp; DELENA! Castle/Beckett as a couple. Booth/Bones being domestic with baby. Seeing Frodo in The Hobbit
12. Your most missed old fandom: RTD Doctor Who and Gilmore Girls.
What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before? I moved into an apartment by myself, joined a singles group, went to Germany and Austria, joined my university's senate.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? What are these resolutions you speak of?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? One of my college classmates.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, fortunately.
5. What countries did you visit? Germany and Austria.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? A boyfriend/beau and a steady job.
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? November 30, 2012. I found out I won second place in my college's creative writing contest. I won $75 and get to have my short story published in the annual publication this spring. :D It's the first time I've been paid for my writing!!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Living on my own and still getting good grades and having a social life.
9. What was your biggest failure? I gained weight.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? A few upper-respiratory/colds. Nothing major.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Tickets to Germany and Austria.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? What the hell does this mean?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My former friends. Nuff said.
14. Where did most of your money go? School and Gas. -_-
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going to Germany!!! (noticing a theme) and living on my own.
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2012?
"1000 Years" by Christina Perri "Drive By" by Train, "Payphone" by Maroon 5, "Somebody I Used to Know," by Gotye, and then the god-awful "Call Me, Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepson *gags*
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: Heavier but happier.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Flirting.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Computer Gaming. Eating bad stuff.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012? Nope
22. How many one-night stands? None
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Hating is a waste of energy.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? The song, "Turning Page" by Sleeping at Last
25. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26. I met my sister and mother for coffee on my actual birthday because it was during the week and I was away at school. My family and I went out to dinner on the weekend before to celebrate.
26. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? My health being better, as in my body weight.
27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? I continued to wear more jewelry, boots and got my hair colored three times.
28. What kept you sane? My family and my faith in God. Friends.
29. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Ian Somerholder and David Tennant.
30. What political issue stirred you the most? The election
31. Who did you miss? My family when I'm away at my apartment.
32. Who was the best new person(s) you met? My new professors.
33. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012: Living on your own is only great if you have someone(s) to turn to when you get lonely.